go2MONITOR, an advanced concept for HF-VHF-UHF data protocol decoding. A smart solution including SDR control, recording, classification and decoding. Manual processing of relevant, intercepted communication is too expensive, too slow, insecure and incomplete. In this situation an automatic, flexible and expandable approach must be used at reasonable size and cost.
go2MONITOR main task is to simplify radio monitoring. A wideband frequency range is intercepted and can be completely classified. In a next step the operator selects the signals to be extracted by Digital Down Conversion (DDC). The output of the DDC is assigned to an automatic production channel (APC). Here the detailed narrow band analysis of the signal is done.
Up to eight signals can be decodes and displayd on the screen. For more channels, Automatic Monitoring and Tasking (AMT) is used. Detected activities are classified, the protocols are evaluated, decoding is started and the output is stored. The operator acts only as a supervisor.
- Signal selection. By the operator selecting a signal in the spectrogram or using results from the snapshot classifier to define a DDC channel.
The result display shows the collected results in detail and can be configured using the Extensible Style sheet Language (XSLT). Up to eight production channels can be used in parallel in manual mode, up to n (<200) channels in automatic mode.
- Classification mode. A continuous classification takes place on the selected signal and the modulation parameters are evaluated, displayed and stored in the database.
- Decoding mode. The production channel works as a decoder with no automatic functionality . The correct decoder/modem must be manually selected. Output and modulation parameters are evaluated, displayed and stored in the database.
- Recognition and decoding mode. An assigned signal will be decoded automatically. The list of decoders is checked against the signal and the best match selected for decoding. The operations are buffered to avoid any data loss
- Classification, recognition and decoding mode. The signal is classified and the list of of decoders is automatically build according to the modulation type and other parameters like symbol rate, shift, and number of tones etc.
A production channel uses a configurable list of decoder/modems. The best match is selected for decoding. The signal is demodulated, decoded and the results are displayed in the result view.
- Reliable recognition, demodulation and decoding of signals
- Detection and recording of voice signals
- Determination of technical parameters for display and decoding
- Processing of signals without loss
- Extraction of information about the transmission protocol, meta data, time-stamp
- Signal decoding down to the content like text, audio, binaries etc.
- Storing the output to a files
- Extendible by the customer (Universal Demodulator, Decoder Description Language)
- Code aided soft-decision decoders
An important feature of the go2MONITOR/go2DECODE software is that the user can extend on its own the existing decoder library by using go2DECODE.
The user can develop or modify decoders and use it with the delivered set of universal demodulator's.
The selection of signals for decoding can be automatic or manual.
- Manual mode: The operator selects manually a signal in the go2MONITOR GUI and then manually or automatically let the system select the correct decoder to decode the signal.
- Automatic mode: Based on set of rules defined by the operator, the product will automatically search for signals, demodulate, decode and store the results. This leaves the operator free to concentrate on the unknown signal types that emerge. For details see: go2MONITOR-AMT.
The go2MONITOR software contains a multi-stage classifier with the following functions:
- Detection of all signals in the available frequency range
- Modulation type classification
- Detailed signal parameters measurement
- Pre-classification of protocols
For details see: Classifier, Recognition.
Modem List Editor
The decoder modem lists can be configured, loaded and saved. The decoders/modems list can be tailored according to the monitoring task.
go2MONITOR provides functions for the recording of wide- or narrowband spectrum. Start and stop of recording can be controlled from the channel processing part of the GUI.
- Loss-less wide-band signal recording
- Concurrent calculation of FFT´s
- Scheduled recording (optional)
- Loop recording (optional)
- Start recording trigered by a rule (optional)
- Replay of recordings for later analysis
Signals of interest can easily be added to an integrated station list. Entries in the station list can be assigned to production channels by using drag & drop or the context menu.
It is possible to add, edit and delete records. Also import and export to a CSV file is supported.
Wideband GUI with Panorama Display
All modules, functions and features are controlled from the go2MONITOR GUI. The GUI is modular and flexible and allows easy adaptation to specific requirements and contains the following parts.
- Panorama display (if delivered from receiver)
- Live signal monitoring
- Extraction of narrowband channel
- Signal classification
- Interactive demodulation and decoding
- Live audio
- Wideband and narrowband recording control
- Task scheduler and monitoring (of all executed jobs)
- Replay of IF recordings
Multi Wideband Signal Input (on request)
go2MONITOR is ready to run multiple wideband inputs side-by side in one application. The wideband inputs can come from one receiver, like:
- multiple streams from one PLATH SIR 511X receiver
- IZT R3xxx (4 channels)
- WiNRADiO G39 (2 channels)
or from even different receivers from different manufacturers
For decoding, the narrowband/production channels can be setup completely independent, giving full flexibility.
Tabs are used to show multiple receivers (to safe space) or receivers can also be displayed side by side.
- Work with multiple receivers connected to different antennas (different locations, directions, polarisation, etc.) and select the best one for decoding.
- Monitor HF and VHF/UHF at the same time using different receivers
- Monitor multiple frequency ranges at the same time and use the available decoding channels according to your requirements.
- Simultaneous decoding/recording from one receiver and additional playback and playback of recorded files. So even during monitoring you can start working also on recorded files.